On the money grubbing front.
The set of community directories produced a pathetic 682.88. I sent 7453 hits to advertisers. It is about a 10% improvement over last year, but not a living (details). Affiliate marketing does not mesh with community service.
I had received one bid for the ad auction thing I put on the front page of each directory. The bid was for $1 for 1000 impressions. Currently, I have only 643 impressions a day. Even if people were bidding for the ad blocks, I would not be any where near a living.
I need to clean up the program and take off the word "beta". I lowered the reserve bids to under $10 per 1000 impressions.