Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Broken Regulator

Under PressureYep, I am slow at figuring things out. Anyway, we finally figured out the source of our plumbing problems. It was a bad regulator.

To figure out that the regulator was bad, we had to first replace the pressure gage. The gage was stuck on 70psi. It was totally full of calcium build up.

Having replaced the gage, we discovered that the water pressure was 126psi. My guess is that, with the unusual wet Spring, the water system is cranking at full capacity.

Rose in the RainReplacing the valve was another big repair expense. With income dropping like a rock, this quarter was deeper in the red than normal.

On the bright side, the deep rain gave me another shot at photographing a waterlogged rose a few days back.

No comments: